K. Small Gallery does sports, too. Or, at least we do graphic depiction of sporting courts. Even though this book/poster clearly details what it’s about (playgrounds) we were initially taken by what we saw as simply geometric abstractions on fields of flat color. But this piece is even more simple than that: It simply shows a variety of playing fields (hopscotch, pingpong, tennis, hockey, etc.) on fields of flat color. They tricked us into being interested in sports! We never hung posters of sports heroes in our bedroom, but we might hang this book-to-poster of sports fields in our living room. This is good, handsome, and smart—and one of our all-time favorites.
- Author: Luca Terraneo
- Size: 6.4375 × 9.1875 inches
- Size (folded): 6.4375 × 9.1875 inches
- Sizes (flat): 25.75 × 18.375 inches
- Pages: 16 (or a 2-sided poster)
- Binding: Pamphlet-to-Poster
- Publisher: Edizioni Corraini, 2019